Sunday, August 14, 2016

Be Seen Be Safe



With the summer's heat I have been trying to get my rides started near the break of dawn when it is light enough that a light is not needed for visibility, but it is dark enough that cars might not be able to see. My go to lights have been Cygolite Hotshot and I still really like the head and tail light combination. I will keep those in my bag for backups. 

These lights are bright, light weight, USB rechargeable and have a variety of mounting possibilities. I am using one of the mounts for the front on the aerobar and the clip the tail light to the plastic web on the helmet. I only use one of the ankle band on my left leg and will remove it once it is bright enough and put in my rear jersey pocket. I would leave it on but I don't like the pressure on my ankle. Then there is the Road ID in case something catastrophic happens, which I hope no one ever needs to reference, but it is there just in case. The Road ID cap I just purchased for leisure wear and like the Cool Max material.

What I am using now are:

MetroFlash Ignita (USB Rechargeable) - Amazon
MetroFlash Nocturna (USB Rechargeable) - Amazon
3M Reflective Arm/Ankle Band - Amazon
Road ID Slim Wrist ID - Road ID




No comments: