Sunday, November 5, 2017

Sunday Cruise

Wet, slick and messy pavement


Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Distance (mile): 40.7
Speed Avg. (mph): 19.2
Cadence (rpm): 72
Time Moving: 2:07:19
Time Total: 2:14:11
Work (kj): 1101
Normal Power: 157
Average Power: 144
Max Power: 499
VI: 1.09
TSS: 145.9
IF: 
0.83

Goal:

Build Endurance and get a feel for the bike

Ride Description:

Out and Back Spin. Now it all makes sense! Yesterday's test ride of the new bike and I thought things felt a bit weird, but my focus was mainly on the front end with the aerobar extensions and the arm cups slipping. Before I started to day I noticed that the seat post looked a little low. Well not just a little. More like an inch or more. I raised it while standing on the side of the path and off I went again. Today's ride went a lot better in speed and use of power output.

The path full of fallen leaves in many well shaded and very wet pavement was about like riding on boiled cabbage. Not that I've ever done a stretch on boiled cabbage, but I can imagine it being a little slippery. I played it a bit cautiously in some of the worst areas and tried to open up the engine when I could. Even being down in fitness the bike moved along nicely. I think there may be a few small tweaks to make in the fit, but it seems close. 

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 77
Temperature Finish (F): 77
Wind: Calm
Sky: Cloudy

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:


Bottle #1 24oz. Water, BSN Amino X, Maltodextrin, Trace Mineral Drops
GU gel at mile 20
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  IA16 


No comments: