Saturday, March 10, 2018

Comet Cruise

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Distance (mile): 40.5
Speed Avg. (mph): 18
Cadence (rpm): 71
Time Moving: 2:14:25
Time Total: 2:15:28
Work (kj): 1057
Normal Power: 143
Average Power: 130
Max Power: 442
VI: 1.10
TSS: 131
IF: 
0.76

Goal:

Build Endurance

Ride Description:

How I wished it would stop raining and stop threatening to rain on the weekends. I picked going to the Comet because it looked fairly certain based on the weather reports that rain was moving in from the northwest. Going to the brewery looked like a bad idea unless I made the ride super short or ride in the rain. However, I don't think it rained there and it was still looked good at the end of a short 40 mile ride. 

Another zing for me was not really tuning in mentally at the start and just cruising at a comfortable pace going out. I had a very clear path and really could have opened up the engine had my mind not been drifting on one obscure thought to another. 

At the 20 mile turn point I heard a loud boom. Turned out to be another serious car wreck just down the hill at an intersection. This is the second time in just a week that I have seen a bad wreck at that traffic light in just a short time. Made me glad to be up on a bike path today and away from the cars. Then again I prefer to be out on my usual course at the brewery. Also had a couple of guys jump on my wheel in the last number of miles and enjoyed pushing the pace. At the end they said they appreciated the pace and the pull. Down in aero pushing the pace is a sweet spot of happiness. 

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 46
Temperature Finish (F): 66
Wind: Calm
Sky: Partly Cloudy

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, Aminos, Maltodextrin
GU gel at mile 20
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  IA16 


No comments: