Saturday, August 17, 2019

Comet Easy PT Spin

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Time Total: 2:26:03
Time Moving: 2:24:40
Distance (mile): 41.0
VI: 
1.12
IF: 0.66
TSS: 108
Work (kj): 913
Average Power: 104
Max Power: 
520
Normal Power: 117
Cadence (rpm): 67
Speed Avg (mph): 16.8

Goal:

Light spin as part of healing from injury

Ride Description:

Two thoughts were playing out on Friday evening as to where to go for this ride. Instinctively and the louder of the two thoughts were to keep on plan, go to the Comet and do another easy spin. The plan when I first strained my legs was to evaluate the severity and give it at least 3 weeks to heal if they are minor strains. It was a good choice.

The ride was low watt and yet I could feel just an ever slight tugging sensation near the areas of the strains. Not painful, just a light tug and yet it did get a little uncomfortable at higher watts. Going out my usual route I don't think it would have gone well and at least been a lot more risky to do more damage. The other part was limiting the ride to 40 miles. I did not want to overly fatigue my legs this weekend with a 300 TSS type of endurance ride. I just kept thinking through the ride that this was the better choice for today. 

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 70
Temperature Finish (F): 70
Wind: Calm
Sky: Partly cloudy

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 12oz. Water, Amino Mix, Maltodextrin
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  IA16 


No comments: