Sunday, November 17, 2019

Comet Cruise and a Fast Moment

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Time Total: 2:23:44
Time Moving: 2:22:09
Distance (mile): 43.1
VI: 
1.10
IF: 0.75
TSS: 134
Work (kj): 1,103
Average Power: 128
Max Power: 
534
Normal Power: 140
Cadence (rpm): 71
Speed Avg (mph): 18 (slowed to ride with an autistic kid back to his father)

Goal:

Build Endurance

Ride Description:

Out and back and spin with some interesting moments. Pretty much just a cruise going out trying to keep a steady pace. On the return I saw a guy walking his bike so I turned back to see if I could help. Turned out his rear tire was ripped up beyond repair and his autistic son had taken off. He asked if I would go catch up with his son and bring him back. I found Eli a few miles away and then stayed with Eli until we got back to his father. With the father also checking with him were Matt and Todd. 

From about 5 miles out it was an effort trying to keep up with these two. It was all I could do to hang with them. I got to talk to them at the parking lot. Great guys and I appreciate them letting me tag along those last few miles with a very brisk pace.

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 65
Temperature Finish (F): 65
Wind: Calm
Sky: Cloudy

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, Aminos, Maltodextrin, Trace Mineral Drops
GU gel at mile 20
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  IA16 


No comments: