Saturday, March 19, 2022

Saturday Solo

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Power meter battery died during the ride.

Goal:

Build Endurance

Ride Description:

The usual solo out and back. I got to see Neal and Mike for a moment at Sosebee. I thought the day would be a challenge for me since I struggled all week in training. I felt an overall fatigue and higher heart rate and was in at least a 5-week negative TSB so it makes sense that I was feeling fatigue and needed some rest. 

I had one cyclist pass me about mile 21 and I got on his wheel until about mile 24 I was not able to hang with him anymore. At 6 miles out he came by me again and I saw him again at the Bud Plant parking lot. His name is Tim and he finished a strong 100 mile ride today solo. I know when I was trying to hold his wheel he had a steady strong pace.

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 51
Temperature Finish (F): 60
Wind: 8 W
Sky: Partly Cloudy

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, Aminos, Maltodextrin, Trace Mineral Drops
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  IA16 


No comments: