Saturday, May 16, 2009

Coming Out Of The Slump?


(click image to enlarge)


(click image to enlarge)


(click image to enlarge)


Garmin Connect Ride Data
Maybe I am not quite out of the hole yet, but today my legs felt a bit better and were willing to participate in the quick pace of the brew crew. The data may not reflect how well I felt compared to weeks past because the data is governed by group riding, but I feel more encouraged that I may be starting to come out of this slump that I have been in for a number of weeks.

Still the brewcrew continues to get faster each week so I must rest up a little more and then start rebuilding again. This time I hope to be a little smarter with my training and allow for more recovery days.

The weather was again another rainy day, but a lighter rain than weeks past. I guess that is just the way spring 2009 is going to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to post a quick thanks for the "how to create routes for Garmin" blog. I just got one and it was driving me crazy. The GTC software is aweful and MapMyRide seemed to be creating garbage elevation data that was making the Edge unhappy. I just used Bike Route Toaster and it is working perfectly, although I will ride it tomorrow to be sure. Good luck on your rides from Pete in Sunny Southern California.

The Cycling Addiction said...

Pete, thanks for the comments.
I should probably go back and do some updates on the "how to create routes for Garmin" since there are some new things that I have learned since by using the web based services. Recently we (my club) have experienced problems with Mapmyride. We like that site because we can post a link for Edge users to download our planned route, but we have experienced files with errors. Now that I have the Edge 705 I can use the Garmin Navigator program to create routes and then use GPSies to convert the tcx file to other formats if necessary.

Thanks again and I wish you the best on learning how to create routes. In time I believe you will really enjoy the functionality of the Garmin Edge.