Saturday, October 31, 2009

Rain - Will It Ever Stop?






This short boring video is a reflection of how exciting it really is sitting on this and pushing yourself for an hour. Unlike riding outdoors for many miles and hours the minutes seems to tick away very slowly while sitting on the trainer. Winter is coming I better get used to it. There will be many winter hours to endure and push the intensity.

Ride:
We had planned our annual (would have been my 2nd time) trip up to Mineral Bluff, Georgia for the 3 State Fall Colors ride. A great 64 mile ride with about 6,000 feet of climbing, but once again rain moves into Georgia for Saturday. The ride is postponed until Sunday and I attend church so I will not make the trip this year. I will miss the gang this weekend.

Trainer: Early this morning I woke up to the sound of rain on the roof so I knew I had to get myself psyched up for time sitting on the trainer. My goal before the ride was to try 3 sets of 20 minute intervals on the Kurt Kenetic trainer. The first interval my legs felt pretty good. I was well within my upper L3 zone for the first 20 minutes. I am not sure what happened on the next 2 intervals. Maybe it was overheating and lack of fuel because I was going on virtually an empty stomach, but the next two were a real struggle. Kind of embarassing to post my WKO+ data so I am not going to post it this time around. I suppose at the end it was still a decent workout.

I hope to get out for a Sunday afternoon ride tomorrow.

No comments: