Sunday, November 1, 2009

Say Hello To Windy


Garmin Connect Ride Data


The Ride: As I pulled into the brewery parking lot David and Paula drove up to say hi before leaving. They mentioned the wind factor while riding and I tried to talk them into riding with me, but they were not fooled by my plot to have them cut the wind for me. :-)

With a slightly cool wind but sunny skies I decided a long sleeve base layer, short sleeve jersey and shorts would be enough for this day. Rolling out I was feeling the wind from the start, but I was just as excited to be out on the road. As a cyclists knows the day is going to be good (being facetious) when the leaves are blowing toward you as you cycling toward them. Once my legs warmed up the entire ride seemed to be very nice despite the wind. There were moments of cross winds that I felt as if I could just lay my right shoulder against it like a wall. There were times when the wind calmed and it felt as I was just gliding along smoothly. In the last few miles I was wishing I had another hour to keep spinning along. It is one of those day when you don't expect to see high average speeds, but the work out was just as good. Like they say a watt is a watt and it sure beats sitting on the trainer.

Solo: Solo cycling the full route.

Route Description: Marked BBC 31 mile course with rolling hills

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: (1) 24oz. bottle with Hammer Heed/10grams Glutamine and BCAA's

Weather: Sunny, 61 degrees, with 10 mph winds most of the ride seemed to be head winds

Training Goal: Just ride ( I wasn't trying to push hard )

Bike and Gear Used: LOOK 585, Garmin 705, Powertap Power Meter. First time to try Conti GP 4000S tires and they felt pretty good for both lack of rolling resistance and cornering.

Power Data:
Entire workout (140 watts):
Duration: 1:52:59 (1:53:54)
Work: 937 kJ
TSS: 91.7 (intensity factor 0.701)
Norm Power: 161
VI: 1.16
Distance: 31.3 mi
Min / Max / Avg
Power: 0 / 592 / 140 watts
Cadence: 29 / 244 / 76 rpm
Speed: 2.2 / 35 / 16.8 mph
Pace 1:43 / 26:49 / 3:34 min/mi
Hub Torque: 0 / 389 / 63 lb-in
Crank Torque: 0 / 895 / 164 lb-in

No comments: