Saturday, November 14, 2009

BBC Metric Route

Garmin Connect Ride Data

The Ride: I had a plan before the ride and hinted to Peter, Jamie and Diane that I would potentially be riding my own pace so when the group started I went ahead after a mile or so and started pacing myself based on the power meter. I was riding solo until Keith Kudlac and Keith Bolton pull up and not too far behind them the group caught me. I stayed mixed in with the group until the store stop, but not long after starting again my legs were feeling the fatigue from training this week. I kept thinking about my solo training on Sunday after church and that I hope to have enough in my legs for a solid effort. I ended well after the group, but I believe when I sum up the week I am very happy with the today's effort. The group looked strong as usual. Everyone appeared to be holding a brisk pace. The weather today was absolutely great so it wasn't much of a struggle for me to be riding solo and soaking up some much needed vitamin D from the sun's rays.

Group: There were probably more than 20 at the start, but the group broke apart. Some were riding shorter miles. I was riding solo for many of those miles, but enjoyed riding with the group when I was able.

Route Description: Rolling hills and flat sections.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: (2)24oz. bottle with Hammer Heed/10grams Glutamine and BCAA's, (1/2)Cliff Bar, (2) Accel gels, (1)Post Ride 30gram whey protein drink

Weather: Sunny, cool start in the low 50's but warmed up to the 70's at the end. Started with shorts, short sleeve jersey, long sleeve base layer, short finger gloves and it felt great.

Training Goal: I wanted to stay in or around the lower L3 zone (tempo), but I ended with a 0.67 IF. I was short of making my goal. I knew I was starting to struggle a little in the last 20 miles. My legs were just a little too tired from training this week. The interesting thing about the power meter is being able to see when you are working or not. You can really see that riding in the group in a draft the effort really falls off. It is also amazing to use the power meter as a guide, whether it be solo or group and see how much you are really training. Today my goal was to feel as much of those 67 miles as I could feel and I believe that I felt most of them.

Physical Condition: A little tired from training all week, but still a good day for cycling.

Bike and Gear Used: LOOK 585, Garmin 705, Powertap Power Meter.

Power Data:
Entire workout (120 watts):
Duration: 3:53:27 (4:17:34)
Work: 1669 kJ
TSS: 174.2 (intensity factor 0.673)
Norm Power: 155
VI: 1.29
Distance: 67.7 mi
Min / Max / Avg
Power: 0 / 601 / 120 watts
Cadence: 29 / 244 / 78 rpm
Speed: 2.4 / 34.1 / 17.6 mph
Pace 1:46 / 24:46 / 3:25 min/mi
Hub Torque: 0 / 390 / 51 lb-in
Crank Torque: 0 / 902 / 134 lb-in

No comments: