Saturday, November 28, 2009

Ride Off The Stuffing

Garmin Connect Ride Data

The Ride: A lot of people were out of town or off doing some other things as the Thanksgiving holiday comes to a close. Fortunately we had a great group riding for the most part at a brisk pace for this time of the year. We decided to go with the marked 48 route and Jamie made a small adjustment to include a store stop and a few more miles. This turned out to be an incredible day to be out on the bike with the gang. I thought I would get in more days of cycling during the break, but this one day certainly made the weekend more special. I enjoy and appreciate my cycling buddies. They are on my list things that I am thankful for during the thought of this holiday. Hopefully whatever extra calories I consumed during Thanksgiving day were burned off today.

Group: 10 riders at the start with Rick and Wayne taking off at a faster pace. The remaining 8 stayed together throughout the ride. The 8 were Jamie, Gary, Margaret, Jeff, Joe, Bill, Don and me (Jesse). Ray Miller and JoAnn also leading a small group from the brewery.

Route Description: small rolling hills for the most part. Marked 48 mile BBC route with a slight addition.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: (1 1/2)24oz. bottles with Hammer Heed/10grams Glutamine and BCAA's, (1/4)Cliff Bar, (1) Accel gels, (1)Post Ride 30gram whey protein drink

Weather: Sunny, cool start in the low 40's but warmed up to the low 60's at the end. I was overdressed for today.

Training Goal: No specific goal other than enjoy riding with the group. Must have been a good ride for me as my legs were already getting stiff and sore by the time I got home.

Physical Condition: Feel fairly rested. but have a little tenderness in my left knee.

Bike and Gear Used: LOOK 585, Garmin 705, Powertap Power Meter.

Power Data:
Entire workout (123 watts):
Duration: 3:04:19 (3:17:27)
Work: 1349 kJ
TSS: 147 (intensity factor 0.694)
Norm Power: 160
VI: 1.3
Distance: 53.631 mi
Min / Max / Avg
Power: 0 / 600 / 123 watts
Cadence: 29 / 244 / 80 rpm
Speed: 2.5 / 33.8 / 17.6 mph
Pace 1:47 / 24:08 / 3:25 min/mi
Hub Torque: 0 / 373 / 52 lb-in
Crank Torque: 0 / 844 / 134 lb-in

No comments: