Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday BBC 31

Garmin Connect Ride Data

The Group:
Me, Mike Quick and Gary Quellet

The Ride: It was a great day meeting Gary and Mike back out at the brewery for another great of riding in the sun. It felt like spring in February. We were able to start in shorts and though I had on a long sleeve base layer that was more for sun protection than warmth. We spent a few minutes contemplating a plan. My hope like usual was a bit more than I am capable. I had hoped to push hard today. Gary mentioned needing more of a recovery pace as a follow up from yesterday's effort. Mike as usual is ready to go along with any of those plans. We were a mile down the road when I noticed, like a bone head, I forgot my water bottles. They decided to wait as I went back for them. It was during that sprint going back when I noticed my legs were also desiring a recovery day. They were a bit more sore than I had thought.

The marked 31 BBC route has a bit more rolling terrain and it is hard to keep a consistent effort on the pedals. Effort on the climbs, but real hard to maintain on the downhills without a really fast speed. I think as the ride went on Gary looked like he had more spirit in his pedals than he first portrayed. There were a number of times he pushed on the hills and took off on the flats. Same with Mike. I had a few moments as well, but my legs were really feeling it. With the power output numbers below look insignificant, but my body sure does not feel like it was easy. I guess I am in worse shape than I thought. I definitely need to get those numbers higher. At least this ride was a step in the right direction. I sure enjoyed being out with Mike and Gary on this ride.

Always blessed to have my cycling buddies.

Route Description: flat to small rolling hills.

Weather: Sunny, calm to breezy, low 60's, low humidity

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: (1 )24oz. bottles with Hammer Heed/10grams Glutamine and BCAA's, (1)Cliff Bar, (1)Post Ride 30gram whey protein drink

Power Data:
Entire workout (103 watts):
Duration: 2:09:18 (2:14:16)
Work: 789 kJ
TSS: 94.1 (intensity factor 0.666)
Norm Power: 140
Distance: 34.378 mi
Min / Max / Avg
Power: 0 / 581 / 103 watts
Cadence: 30 / 244 / 77 rpm
Speed: 0 / 34.4 / 16.1 mph
Pace 1:45 / 0:00 / 3:43 min/mi
Hub Torque: 0 / 338 / 48 lb-in
Crank Torque: 0 / 1036 / 117 lb-in

No comments: