Saturday, February 27, 2010

Brewery to Crane Eater Road

Garmin Connect

Monday when I looked ahead at the weekend forecast it was at least sunny, but the temps were in the high 20's at the start time and then edged up to at least the low 30's as we closed in on the weekend. I was thinking that I might be the only one riding, but I prepared anyway and sent out the group email. The first email to return to me was encouraging. It was Nancy who replied, "I am ready to ride!" Exclamation point noted. Then Neal, but then that was it except for some injury notifications. I thought it would be just three or four, but to my surprise 15 were lined up this morning and ready to go. What a blessing and to boot Don "Chick Edmonston had a idea for a route change and the group was ready to go. I am very glad we went with Don's route. Flat and fast and a few more miles suits me just fine.

The Group: We had about 15 today. The regulars were me, Derek, Tim, Alan, Nancy, Neal, Bill, Mike, Keith, Claire and Don leading us out on a great route. We also had the Freehome girls with us. Penny, Shelley and Elizabeth. I hope I got your names right ;) Not sure of the guy in the grey Assos gear and the Scott bike, but he is welcome back anytime.

The Ride: Since the route change was on the spot only a couple had the cue sheet so I asked if we could ride in a manner that the group would stay together. Even at faster speeds and at times we were stretched out a little, the group did stay together. As usual after the store stop the pace picked up a little. I was a bit guilty this time as well. Tim, Nancy, Mike and Alan were also up there. My legs just felt exceptional today and I had the engine ready to go. It is days like today when it becomes difficult to show some restraint and yet when Alan made a point of the front few to stop at the church I was happy to go along with that advice.

The group split at this point with some of the guys going back on the marked route and a few of headed back toward the town of White and Old Tennessee Highway. I noticed that Penny, Shelley and Elizabeth were back off the group just a little so I dropped back to ride with them for the remaining miles. I did not mind though since it was a very pleasant day to be out and I already had some good intense training through the week. Just getting a few extra miles with new cycling friends is always a pleasure.

Route Description: flat to small rolling hills. (this is my new favorite route)

Weather: Sunny, breezy air, low humidity, start in the low 30 degree (F) and warmed up to the high 40's

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: (2)24oz. bottles with Maltodextrin/10grams Glutamine and BCAA's, (1)Cliff Bar, (1) Accel gels, (1)Post Ride 30gram whey protein drink

Power Data:
My power data looks low, but it is not indicative how my legs were feeling today. Training is starting to take effect.

Entire workout (110 watts):
Duration: 3:51:52 (4:14:54)
Work: 1503 kJ
TSS: 207.5 (intensity factor 0.74)
Norm Power: 155
Distance: 61.6 mi
Min / Max / Avg
Power: 0 / 814 / 110 watts
Cadence: 29 / 244 / 77 rpm
Speed: 2.2 / 35.4 / 16.2 mph
Pace 1:42 / 26:49 / 3:42 min/mi
Hub Torque: 0 / 368 / 50 lb-in
Crank Torque: 0 / 1036 / 125 lb-in

No comments: