Monday, July 5, 2010

Brewery to Adairsville to Kingston

Garmin Connect Ride Data

Garmin Ride Summary:
Distance: 61.37 mi
Elevation Gain: 3,136 ft
Moving Time: 03:43:15
Avg Speed: 16.4 mph
Max Speed: 33.2 mph

Group: Kit, Keith, Derek, Gary, Glenn, Neal and me

The Ride: Derek led us out on a another great route toward Adairsville and Kingston. The route went directly north to Trimble Hollow and crossed I-75 and then down to Adairsville. From there we climbed Boyd Mountain and worked our way toward Kingston with some great fast stretches of roadway. Although our average speed indicates a low overall we did have some very spirited sections and fast pace lines along with some hill sprints. My intentions were not hammer, but with me missing my threshold intervals this week, I decided to go ahead and join the spirited sessions and I felt pretty good that I was able to hang on for the most part. There were a few times the group backed off and I was very grateful because at those key moments I was about to fall off the back, but their timing to ease the pace really worked out for me. I am pretty happy about the day being able to finish with the group.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: (2) 24 oz. bottle of water with coconut water, and Hammer Heed, (1) Cliff bar

The Weather: Cloudy, 85 (feels like 85 according the Weather Channel), humidity 47%, 6 mph winds from the SE.

Power Data:
 Entire workout (118 watts):
    Duration:      3:43:24 (4:11:56)
    Work:          1572 kJ
    TSS:           283.7 (intensity factor 0.876)
    Norm Power:    166
    VI:            1.41
    Distance:      61.304 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    888    118     watts
    Cadence:         31    215    83     rpm
    Speed:           0    33.4    16.6     mph
    Pace             1:48    0:00    3:37     min/mi
    Hub Torque:      0    345    56     lb-in
    Crank Torque:    0    851    125     lb-in

No comments: