Friday, July 30, 2010

Hiding Powertap Wiring Harness

The following pictures are my method of hiding the wired version of the Powertap using Gaffer's tape (available in various colors). The only issue I really had was the excess wire that I coiled around the frame near the rear brake. What I like about the Gaffer's tape is it will not leave a sticky residue if removed and it forms nicely around the wire and adheres well to the frame.

You can see the tape in the pictures because my purpose was to show how I routed and used the tape, but I have had other cyclist riding next to me ask why I don't just use my Garmin 705 as the Powertap cpu. They had assumed that my Powertap hub was a wireless version.

So if you want to get the lower end wired PT hub, but you hate wires maybe this method will work for you if you can match the tape color to your frame color, but even if it is a little different color the tape is still hard to see routed under the frame tubes.








2 comments:

Zafran ali said...

I visit your site read your article nice article & really nice theses are all pics nice collection.You have done so hard work.Its really nice idea i like so much.Thank,s for really nice sharing with us.
Wire Harness

The Cycling Addiction said...

Zafran, thanks for visiting my blog and taking a moment to leave a comment. I appreciate your feedback.