Saturday, July 31, 2010

Brewery to Crane Eater Road

Garmin Connect Ride Data Link
Garmin Ride Summary:
Distance: 57.42 mi
Elevation Gain: 2,475 ft
Moving Time: 03:33:39
Avg Speed: 16.1 mph
Max Speed: 36.2 mph

Group: Derek, Nancy, Rod, Elizabeth, Joe, me and special guest Alan Ezzell.

The Ride: Seven of us rolled out of the brewery headed once again toward Redbud area and selected 60 mile route that I had stored in the 705. My goal today was like most of late was to enjoy a group ride, but try to stay within my zones. Early in the ride I was seeing some spikes near 400 watts, but the group soon settled down a little and with flatter roads my numbers were staying within an acceptable range. Training more consistently during the week and preparing for following solo training rides like tomorrow have changed the appearance of my group rides. Lately I am not even trying to hang with the group on the second half and really curbing it back to have more for those solo training events.

On the second half of today's ride and after the store stop I told the group that I would be dropping off and to go ahead. Alan stayed back with me as he also is preparing for his next few days and was on a rest week. I enjoyed having Alan ride back with me on those remaining miles and we both used our power meters to gauge effort, although he may have been riding below range to ride at my pace. Either way it was good to have his company and I got to learn more from his perspective of using and training with a power meter. So even though it started getting hot on those last miles it was another great day to be out on the bike with cycling friends.


Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: (1/2) 24 oz. bottle of water with Hammer Heed, (1/2) 24 oz. bottle of water with Hammer Perpetuem, (1) Cliff bar (2) Hammer gels (1) 20 gram Whey protein post ride recovery drink

The Weather:  Partly cloudy, 92 (feels like 102 according the Weather Channel), humidity 55%, 8 mph winds from the NW.

Bike: LOOK 585

Power Data
 Entire workout (112 watts):
    Duration:      3:34:52 (3:56:04)
    Work:          1433 kJ
    TSS:           210.7 (intensity factor 0.775)
    Norm Power:    147
    VI:            1.31
    Distance:      57.524 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    611    112     watts
    Cadence:         29    209    80     rpm
    Speed:           0    36.8    16.1     mph
    Pace             1:38    0:00    3:44     min/mi
    Hub Torque:      0    361    53     lb-in
    Crank Torque:    0    920    125     lb-in

 

No comments: