Saturday, August 7, 2010

Brewery to Adairsville to Kingston III

Garmin Connect Ride Data Link:
Garmin Ride Summary:
Distance: 60.8 mi
Elevation Gain: 3,107 ft
Moving Time: 03:44:02
Avg Speed: 16.3 mph
Max Speed: 33.8 mph

Group: Diane, Nancy, Jamie, Alan, Doug, Edgar, Gary, Mike and me.

The Ride: This was my third time out on Derek's route and as stated in the first blog entry this route is one my all time favorites now starting from the brewery in Cartersville. Nine of us rolled out of the parking lot at 7:30 morning with heavy clouds and a misty feeling to the air. At least it felt much cooler than the past few weeks and a welcome relief in my thoughts. Even with the clouds sitting low, visibility was not too bad, but the high humidity had my glasses fogged and sweat was already beading on my arms and dripping from my brow.

I have really made an effort to dial in my training so I knew it would be a matter of time before I would get dropped trying to stay in my prescribed power zones, but with the flatter sections in the first miles I was able to stay with the group until the store stop and a few more miles. Once the climbing started on Boyd Mountain I dropped off because of the steep gradient and not wanting to go into or above the 300 watt range for an extended period. I kept the group in view and mixed in with a little until mile 35 and that was when the bigger rollers had me tone it down a little. Within a minute the group was out of my sight. From that point forward I wanted to concentrate on keeping a steady pace and be safe on couple of highway sections.

I came in really late compared to the rest of the group, but I am pretty content with not only this ride, but with training for this week. I racked up a fair amount TSS points, my CTL is on a steady rise and I am really happy about being focused on my interval training Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of this week. It is odd to not be attempting to ride the full duration with the group, but I know with this much training I cannot do both the group rides and the solo training together.

Anyway it was great to have the first 30 miles out with my cycling com padres. I do enjoy riding with them.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: (1) 24 oz. bottle of water with Hammer Heed, (1) 24 oz. bottle of water with Hammer Perpetuem, (1) Cliff bar (1) Hammer gels (1) 20 gram Whey protein post ride recovery drink (4) Endurolytes

The Weather:  Partly cloudy, 87 (feels like 94 according the Weather Channel), humidity 60%, calm winds

Bike: LOOK 585

Power Summary: (Based on Coogan's Levels)
Total Ride Minutes: 223

  Level   Minutes       TSS
      1      3.46      0.53
      2     92.34     58.67
       3     80.93     89.56
       4     34.15     39.46
      5      3.63      7.55
      6      3.13     10.55
      7      5.31     15.10
Power Data:
Entire workout (112 watts):
    Duration:      3:44:27 (3:57:17)
    Work:          1504 kJ
    TSS:           221.5 (intensity factor 0.776)
    Norm Power:    147
    VI:            1.31
    Distance:      60.8 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    551    112     watts
    Cadence:         29    183    79     rpm
    Speed:           0    33.9    16.3     mph
    Pace             1:46    0:00    3:41     min/mi
    Hub Torque:      0    332    57     lb-in
    Crank Torque:    0    705    125     lb-in

No comments: