Saturday, August 28, 2010

Redbud Variation - 67 Miles

Garmin Connect Ride Data Link
Garmin Ride Summary:
Distance: 66.1 mi
Elevation Gain: 2,930 ft
Moving Time: 03:58:47
Avg Speed: 16.5 mph
Max Speed: 36.3 mph

Group: Too big and too many to list all the names

The Ride: It was a big group rolling out at eight this morning. The was feeling a bit better and a lot of excitement as usual when someone gets a new bike. This time it was Mike Quick, who had his new Trek Madone out for his longest test ride to date. There were a lot of fast folk in this group and it did not take too many miles before the pace started increasing. We also had 3 guys from the Outspokin shop riding with us and were pushing the pace early on. My goal was just to keep in my zone as best possible or drop out if necessary to keep it level. However, I did stay with the group until mile 27 and the store stop.

From there I left the store a little earlier in solo mode to try to get my time in level more consistent. I met Alan and Paul heading the opposite direction and stopped to talk with them for a few minutes. I had an invitation from Alan to join them and probably should have taken that offer. Maybe next time.

Mike Quick stopped to show Paul and Alan his new bike, but the group dropped him as they passed by. Mike dropped back to ride with me as we had no idea where the group might have gone. They were not on the gps route that I had loaded, but we lucked out and found them a number of miles later waiting and looking for Mike. Again I dropped off the back of the group to ride my own pace and noticed Bill was off the back as well so I finished the remaining miles riding with Bill. No doubt that all my training efforts this past week played a role in my effort today. I came to the ride fatigued.

And I suppose those moments in L7 listed below were on hills trying to hang with the group early on and those burned matches probably cost me later in the ride. At the time of writing this entry I am wiped out and can only hope that I can recover some this evening and do well on my training ride tomorrow.

I am really tired. Please pardon the lack of creativity and sloppy grammar of this entry.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course:(1) 24 oz. bottle of water with Hammer Heed,BCAA and Glutamine (1) 24 oz. bottle of water with Hammer Perpetuem, (1) Cliff bar (2) Accel gels (1) 20 gram Whey protein post ride recovery drink

The Weather:  Partly cloudy, 88 (feels like 97 according the Weather Channel), humidity 65%, winds NW 6 mph

Bike: Look 585

Power Summary: (Based on Coogan's Levels)
Total Ride Minutes: 239.99

  Level   Minutes       TSS
      1      4.33      0.85
      2     98.55     59.66
      3     96.33    108.61
      4     32.40     35.58
      5      0.00      0.00
      6      1.18      2.51
      7      7.20     24.57
Power Data:
 Entire workout (110 watts):
    Duration:      4:01:56 (4:18:10)
    Work:          1586 kJ
    TSS:           231.7 (intensity factor 0.766)
    Norm Power:    146
    VI:            1.32
    Distance:      66.431 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    598    110     watts
    Cadence:         29    215    84     rpm
    Speed:           0    36.8    16.5     mph
    Pace             1:38    0:00    3:39     min/mi
    Hub Torque:      0    353    50     lb-in
    Crank Torque:    0    691    116     lb-in

No comments: