Saturday, July 2, 2011

Brewery to Adairsville to Kingston


RidewithGPS Data
Garmin Connect Data

Ride Summary (totals):
Distance: 59.7 mi
Elevation Gain 2,918 ft
Moving Time: 03:28:36
Avg Moving Speed: 17.2 mph
Max Speed: 36.8 mph

Group: Gary, Keith, Jamie, Nancy, Edgar, Jack, Diane R, Mike R., Neal, Alan, me and some of Diane's friends visiting.
Goal: Enjoy riding with friends
Route Description: Rolling hills

The Ride: This was supposed to be a ride for Peter, but unfortunately he was not able to make it. More than 13 of us rolled out along with Gayle, Karl and some others heading in a different direction. It was a nice pace as we rolled on for a warm up and once we hit Trimble Hollow Road things got a bit more exciting. After that fun I was ready to tone it back a bit for the day. 
I wish I had it on video of a Golden Retriever miss timed his charge at me. He hit the brake and could hear his nails as he almost slid into me. He pulled his head back hard so not to hit me, but the expression on that dog's face was priceless. Glad he did not T-bone me because he was hefty enough to take me and Mike down.

Diane, Mike and friends split from us at the store stop in Adairsville leaving us with nine to continue on toward Boyd Mountain, which wasn't too bad of a climb today. We did another good pace on Westside Road and then I really was content to slow it down. I told Jamie I was dropping off the back and Neal came with me or at least he was already there off the back. The two of us shared the remaining mile as I got to ask  about his recent trip to France and climbing the classics like Ventoux. I am not sure if I had in my legs to try keeping up with the group on the remaining miles, but I was more content slowing down a little and enjoying being out on the bike. I had already trained hard enough during the week so there was no pressure to hammer.

By the sounds of it at the parking lot is sounded like the pace became a bit more spirited. Sounds like Jack and some others were having a great day and keeping a strong pace.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: ~26 oz.of water with Hammer Heed, Maltodextrin, Glutamine, BCAA / ~12 oz water (1) Hammer gel (1) Hammer Perpetuem Solid (1) Cliff Bar  (1) 40 gram Whey protein post ride recovery drink .  4 Endurolytes before the ride.

The Weather: Sunny start @ 68 degrees, sunny end @ 89 degrees, calm air or so it seemed

Bike: LOOK 585, Garmin 705, Powertap wired

Power Summary: (Based on Coggan's Levels)
Summary Table of Minutes of Duration in Each Training Zone
Level Minutes TSS
      1      8.88      1.73
      2     52.37     32.65
      3     51.62     64.14
      4     79.49     80.49

      5      4.96      9.54
      6      4.58     13.75
      7      9.20     39.13

Overall Power Data
Entire workout (122 watts):
    Duration:      3:32:55 (3:50:00)
    Work:          1541 kJ
    TSS:           241.7 (intensity factor 0.834)
    Norm Power:    171
    VI:            1.4
    Distance:      60.289 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    745    122     watts
    Speed:           0    37.2    17.0     mph
    Pace             1:37    0:00    3:32     min/mi
    Hub Torque:      0    34    6     lb-in
    Crank Torque:    0    723    133     lb-in

No comments: