Saturday, July 9, 2011

Brewery to Salacoa Valley 65 Miles

RidgewithGPS Data
Garmin Connect Ride Data
Ride Summary (totals):
Distance: 65.4 mi
Moving Time: 03:57:49
Avg Moving Speed: 16.5 mph
Max Speed: 34.7 mph

Group: Kit, Neal, Scott, Courtney, Joe, Elizabeth, Laurie, Jamie, Nancy, Claire, Gary, Keith, Edgar, Mike, Alan, me and four visitors.

Goal: L3 +/-

The Ride: I am not sure how to describe this ride. It was another attempt of holding a ride for Peter, who will be off the bike for a few weeks, but he was not able to make. However, what I thought would be our normal group turned out to be 21 cyclists. I knew with this many riders and damp roads there could be some issues so I was hoping that we all would be extra cautious. One of the visitors flatted close to mile 12 and that is when the group started to break apart. From that point forward it seemed to have small clusters here and there. I wasn't about to be a control freak and keep us all together. That is just too stressful. It was time to sit back and let it play out. I just try to get out the email to the group and after that chore I just want to ride my bike. I do not want to be a group ride leader. Too stressful and takes the fun out of the day.

I was content to just start holding more of my own pace, but the route I created had some nice sized rollers and with the amount of fatigue that I had from training this week my legs were not near as lively. The heat and humidity was also bad. When we stopped at the store stop my clothes were absolutely soaked and it appeared that everyone was in the same condition.

Again I am not sure what to say about today's ride other than I got to ride my bike and at times with various friends. I was with Jamie, Keith, Mike and Edgar for a while. I finished the ride with Elizabeth and Joe and that was a pleasure to be able to ride in with them. It appeared that everyone finally made it in and that is the most important part.


Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: ~52 oz. of water with Hammer Perpetuem, ~26 oz water (1) Hammer gel (1) Cliff Bars (1) Perpetuem Solid (1) 40 gram Whey protein post ride recovery drink .

The Weather: Cloudy, Start @ 35 degrees, End @ 88 degrees, High humidity

Bike: LOOK 585, Garmin 705, Powertap wired

Power Summary: (Based on Coggan's Levels)
Summary Table of Minutes of Duration in Each Training Zone
  Level   Minutes       TSS
      1      3.99      0.69
      2     80.51     46.16
      3    101.77    123.62
      4     40.15     45.08

      5      0.00      0.00
      6      1.60      5.85
      7      9.22     27.50
Overall Power Data:
Entire workout (117 watts):
    Duration:      3:59:43 (4:32:04)
    Work:          1672 kJ
    TSS:           249.4 (intensity factor 0.799)
    Norm Power:    164
    VI:            1.39
    Distance:      65.629 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    717    117     watts
    Speed:           0    35.5    16.4     mph
    Pace             1:41    0:00    3:39     min/mi
    Hub Torque:      0    43    6     lb-in
    Crank Torque:    0    646    131     lb-in

No comments: