Saturday, July 16, 2011

Creekview - Rain Ride

Ride Summary (totals):
Distance: 55 mi
Moving Time: 03:23:15
Avg Moving Speed: 16.4 mph
Currently my computer will not acknowledge my Garmin 705. This data came from Neal.
I am having a bad electronics day. May have been the rain.

Group: Glenn, Neal, Joe, Elizabeth, Nancy, Claire, Keith, Elaine, Diane, Alan, and me
Goal: L3 +/- Not sure of the results because my power meter was not working today

The Ride: We had eleven of us ready to roll out this morning from Creekview High School with a very slight drizzling rain. I was very grateful that Joe had created a new route in this area since we were basically sticking to the marked Rose Pedal route in weeks past. As we rolled along a little more the rain became a little more intense, but from what I could tell looking through the rain beads on my glasses the roads looked really nice. There were a number of downhill sections with some twists that look like they would be really fun on dry pavement. Today I was content to roll at the back of the group and be a little cautious with the wet pavement.

Close to mile 22 and near the crossing for Hwy. 20 we took an opportunity at the store for Alan to look at a mechanical issue with Nancy's bike and Keith flatted. We saw several other groups out cycling in the rain while we were at the store. From that point Nancy, Diane, Alan, Claire and Elaine decided to head back to the cars and the rest of us decided to go forward and get a few more miles.

It wasn't long after we parted that the rain was easing up, but the rooster tails of water from the bike tires made it feel as if the rain was still coming. Somewhere along those roads I began to feel the fatigue in my legs from training this past week and the extra work I did last week especially. I am very glad the group was rolling an easier pace today.

Even though the rain and mechanical issue broke up the group it was still nice being out with my cycling friends. Thanks again Joe for putting together a nice route and I think I can speak for several when I say we look forward to returning to try this again on dry pavement.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: ~15 oz. of water with Hammer Perpetuem, ~10 oz water with glutamine & BCAA (1) Cliff Bars (1) 30 gram Whey protein post ride recovery drink .

The Weather: drizzling start, rained a little harder and then started clearing toward the end.

Bike: LOOK 585, Garmin 705, Powertap wired

Overall Power Data:
I am guessing a 0.8 IF
WKO estimates a 216 TSS for today
Not sure of the results because my power meter was not working today

No comments: