Saturday, September 8, 2012

BBC - Metric











Route:
Distance:  67.9 miles
Avg. Moving Speed:  15.5 mph
Moving Time: 4:06:06
Total Time:  4:23:44
Ride Total TSS: 201(0.7 IF)
Group:
Keith, Gary, Neil, Mike, Peter and me
Goal:
Group ride - hang on if I can
Ride Description:
The great thing about today is that the rain and storms held off and the best thing was getting to share a few miles with Gary and Neil. I have missed riding miles with them as they spent a good bit of time in the mountains this year training for a Colorado adventure.

Based on the weather forecasts it sure looked like we were going to get wet, but instead the clouds kept us a little cooler. The humidity was more than high enough. I was losing a lot of fluid loss from sweating even while just standing, much less cycling.

As far as the route and ride go, we decided to just stick with the marked metric route to make things simple. The first few miles were great as we warmed up with a conversation pace and I got to catch up a little with both Gary and Neil, but around mile 10 or so the pace started to gradually pick up.

The first surge was with Keith and I went with him for several miles and I was over my threshold trying to stay on his wheel. The second surge that put a good hurt on me was finishing a turn pulling and just as I settled on the back of the pace line I look up and I am off the back by about 100 feet and the gap was growing. I had to sprint to get back up to the group. After that episode my legs felt cooked and from that point forward I really struggled. At about mile 50 I was off the back and losing sight of the guys. I heard later they finished strong with Neil putting a great pace to the parking lot.

Wished I could have finished with the guys, but just getting to ride some miles with the guys and it not rain made a great day on the bike.
Weather
Cloudy to Partly cloudy, 80 degree F, 99% humidity, NW wind @ 5 mph
Nutrition Intake During and after the Course:
24 oz from Bottle #1 water, Glutamine
24 oz from Bottle #2 water, Glutamine
Hammer gel @ mile 20
Cliff Bar @ mile 30
Post Ride | 30 gram protein drink
Home | baked chicken breast
Bike: 
LOOK 585, Garmin 800, Powertap SL+
Overall Powertap Data: 
Entire workout (109 watts):
    Duration:      4:05:47 (4:23:49)
    Work:          1606 kJ
    TSS:           201.1 (intensity factor 0.701)
    Norm Power:    147
    VI:            1.35
    Distance:      67.61 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    606    109     watts
    Cadence:         7    246    83     rpm
    Speed:           0    33.8    16.5     mph
    Pace             1:47    0:00    3:38     min/mi
    Crank Torque:    0    1508    120     lb-in

No comments: