Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sosebee to Old Federal

Early Start












Route:
Distance:  90.8 miles
Avg. Moving Speed:  17.3
Moving Time: 5:15:27
Total Time:  5:27:16
Ride Total TSS: 242 ( 0.66 IF)

Group:
Solo
Goal:
Endurance miles with lower intensity
Ride Description:
An early roll out of Sosebee Bike Park with fog and cooler temperatures for what turned out to be a really nice day to be out on the bike. It wasn't until early this morning that I decided which direction and what option to try out. I wanted to connect with Gary and the gang to do Jasper to Fort Mountain, but with six days of interval training I had doubt that my legs could handle the route and their potential pace. Since I had my TT bike loaded it was down to either the Comet or Sosebee Bike Park since today was the Beautiful Back Roads Century. I ended up going to Sosebee and as I passed by the brewery at 6:15 this morning it looked as if traffic was already backed up all the way on Busch Drive. Fortunately when I pulled into Sosebee I was the only one there and was able to roll out on my usual out and back route.

The rest of the ride was just simply peaceful solo. I was off the BBC marked route at about mile 21 and from that point forward I figured I would be the only cyclist up in this area. I was already ahead of the organized ride and with the extra miles I only saw a few on the way back once I was back on the BBC route. I pretty much just tried to keep pedaling and keep the intensity lower. At 0.6 IF (Intensity Factor) that was a pretty easy going ride and yet still racked up 242 TSS.

So this week has played out just like I wanted with six really good days of training, then Friday off the bike and today a nice easy going pace. Sweet!
Weather
Early morning fog, start 63 degrees F, finish 80 degrees F, low humidity, low wind
Nutrition Intake During and after the Course:
24 oz from Bottle #1 water, Glutamine, maltodextrin
24 oz from Bottle #2 water, Glutamine, maltodextrin
Hammer gel @ mile 20
Cliff Bar @ mile 30
Hammer gel @ mile 60
Post Ride | 30 gram protein drink
Home | grilled chicken breast, pita bread
Bike: 
Felt B10, Garmin 800, Powertap SL+
Overall Powertap Data: 
Entire workout (114 watts):
    Duration:      5:28:51 (5:37:44)
    Work:          2241 kJ
    TSS:           241.8 (intensity factor 0.665)
    Norm Power:    140
    VI:            1.23
    Distance:      90.776 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    442    114     watts
    Cadence:         7    246    77     rpm
    Speed:           0    33.7    16.6     mph
    Pace             1:47    0:00    3:37     min/mi
    Crank Torque:    0    1361    131     lb-in

No comments: