Saturday, October 27, 2012

Brewery to Redbud


Bozeman Road - Probably the most colorful spots that I passed today.










Route:
Distance:  47 miles
Avg. Moving Speed:  15.3
Moving Time: 3:05:38
Total Time:  3:14:55
Ride Total TSS: 154.4(0.69 IF)
Group:
Solo
Goal:
Give my legs a break and spin a lighter intensity
Ride Description:
Bit of a tough day and it wasn't due to the winds coming from Hurricane Sandy. I suppose it was due to a few good days of training indoors. I thought that this may happen as I was laying bed last night and could feel the soreness in my hips and hamstrings. Good thing I did not take Mike up on the offer for a big Fall Colors ride in Summerville, Georgia. I wanted to go, but after the first few minutes on the road today I am really glad I did not make that hour drive just to get dropped in the first minutes. Each time the watts approached 200 my hamstrings would tighten up. They were already feeling knotted up as it was.

I ended up cutting my miles short today and backed off the pressure even more and enjoyed spinning. The wind was tough, but not nearly as discomforting as my legs felt.

Very few cyclists parked at the brewery and maybe just a few more parked as the Sosebee Bike Park. I did get to see Neal at the end of the ride.
Nutrition Intake During and after the Course:
24 oz from Bottle #1 water, Glutamine, maltodextrin
15 oz from Bottle #2 water, Glutamine, maltodextrin
Post Ride | 30 gram protein drink
Home | baked chicken breast & sweet potato fries
Bike: 
LOOK 585, Garmin 800, Powertap SL+
Weather: 
Cool temperature at 57 F, Very cloudy and winds from the north at 10mph
Overall Powertap Data: 
Entire workout (122 watts):    Duration:      3:14:58
    Work:          1424 kJ
    TSS:           154.5 (intensity factor 0.69)
    Norm Power:    145
    VI:            1.19
    Distance:      47.201 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    466    122     watts
    Cadence:         8    225    77     rpm
    Speed:           0    33.6    14.5     mph
    Pace             1:47    0:00    4:08     min/mi
    Crank Torque:    0    1752    144     lb-in






No comments: