Saturday, August 24, 2013

Brew to Cagle - Endurance Mix


View from road side. It started sunny, but a bit more than an hour into it I came into a fairly dense fog. I wasn't expecting this to happen and had no lights with me. I got a little nervous thinking cars could not see me soon enough.

Route and Ride Data Links:                                           
Garmin - Ride Data
Stava    - Ride Data
Overall Ride Metrics:                                                       
Distance:  78.6 miles
Avg. Moving Speed: 17.2 mph
Moving Time: 4:33:50
Total Time: 4:48:59 
Ride Total TSS: 233 (0.7 IF)
Group or Solo:                                                                  
Solo
Goal:                                                                                 
Keep a steady endurance pace if possible
Ride Description:                                                            
Great to see and talk to Neal briefly before I rolled out solo early this morning. Even before the ride I was lacking the enthusiasm for a long distance course. I turned down an offer to join Mike and Gary for a loop with Fort Mountain in the route and I really wanted to go, but I was too nervous about the amount of fatigue I was feeling from training several days and even the light spin yesterday just took a little more out of me. I could feel it in my hips and hamstrings last night and knew today was going to be tough.

Nevertheless, I was able to muster up something and get in a few miles today, but nothing to boast and certainly no time splits to add to this post. It was just survival mode and I had the blessing of some headwind on the return to add a little more salt to the wounded legs.

Oh well, I must rest up because I hope to get another 40 miles tomorrow.
Weather:                                                                          
90 (F) at the finish. Partly cloudy to sunny with brief dense fog, sustained headwinds in the last 30 miles.
Nutrition Intake During and after the Course:             
24 oz from Bottle #1 water, BCAA, Glutamine, maltodextrin
24 oz from Bottle #2 water, BCAA, Glutamine, maltodextrin

~8 oz from Bottle #3 water
Hammer gel @ mile 20
Cliff Bar @ mile 35
Post Ride | 30 gram protein drink
Subway | Oven roasted chicken sandwich and a lot of Coke Zero
Bike:                                                                                  
Felt B10, Garmin 800, Quarq, Flo 60's/Michelin Pro 4's @ 110 psi
Overall Power Data:                                                        
Entire workout (139 watts):
Duration: 4:42:28 (4:49:04)
Work: 2290 kJ
TSS: 235 (intensity factor 0.718)
Norm Power: 158
VI: 1.14
Distance: 78.617 mi
Min Max Avg
Power: 0 444 139 watts
Cadence: 5 108 77 rpm
Speed: 0 35 16.8 mph
Pace 1:43 0:00 3:34 min/mi
Crank Torque: 0 1397 153 lb-in
Temperature: 64.4 89.6 74.1 Fahrenheit

_____________________________________________
 

No comments: