Saturday, April 9, 2016

Brewery Solo 76 - Windy


Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Ride Link

Ride Metrics:

Distance (mile): 76.6
Speed Avg (mph): 17
Cadence Avg (rpm): 74
Time Moving: 4:29:44
Time Total: 4:40:55
Work (kj): 2117
Normal Power: 153
Average Power: 131
Max Power: 452
VI: 1.17
TSS: 262
IF: 0.76

Goal:

Endurance 

Ride Description:

I think this is at least the third weekend with sharp cool winds coming down from the north. My plan was to get up and get going early with hope to put in some of the miles going north with lighter headwinds. I started with Mike, but he wasn't feeling it today so I went ahead. I know it was tough choice for him to make, but it was probably a wise choice. The ride for me going north was not easy and as I started getting within a couple miles of the 40 mile turn point I was pushing against headwinds that brought me down to 5 mph and pushing with everything I had. So I turned early and headed back

It was also nice to meet Eugene, who was one of the rare brave souls to get out and face the wind. I got to ride and chat with him for a few miles. Best wishes to him in preparation of his 2016 race season and maybe I will get to try to hang on his wheel on some of those training rides.

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 40
Temperature Finish (F): 68
Wind: 15+ mph NNW
Sky: Sunny

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1: 24oz Water, BCAA, Glutamine, Maltodextrin
GU gel at mile 25
Clif Bar at mile 45
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Bike:

Felt B10


No comments: