Sunday, April 3, 2016

Comet Cruise

Michael finishing up at the Comet

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Ride Link

Ride Metrics:

Distance (mile): 40
Speed Avg (mph): 18
Cadence Avg (rpm): 74
Time Moving: 2:14:13
Time Total: 2:21:11
Work (kj): 1145
Normal Power: 156
Average Power: 142
Max Power: 531
VI: 1.09
TSS: 135
IF: 0.78

Goal:

Just ride and enjoy the day

Ride Description:

I was out for my typical Sunday cruise and enjoying the sunny day when Michael, a stranger, caught up with me on the way back. From that point I enjoyed pacing with Michael back to the parking area at the zero mile marker. What a great guy and a solid cyclist. It was a pleasure trying to hang on his wheel and best wishes as you begin to train for your Ironman competition this year. 

I also met an elderly guy at the 20 mile turning point and chatted with him for a few minutes. He told me about just returning from a 3 day venture from Alabama to Georgia in preparation for a 470 mile (I think that what he said) venture cycling the Natchez Trace. Best wishes to them on the preparation and safe travels. 

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 60
Temperature Finish (F): 69
Wind: Breezy
Sky: Sunny

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1: 24oz Water, BCAA, Glutamine, Maltodextrin
Gu gel at mile 20
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Bike:

Felt B10


No comments: