Saturday, February 24, 2018

The Usual Out and Back is Back


Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route Part 1 , Part 2

Ride Metrics:

Since the Garmin 820 wanted to end the ride prematurely and I am too lazy to figure out the metrics for this ride by adding from each recording I will skip posting this time. It was about 4 hours long and it wore me out.

Goal:

Build Endurance

Ride Description:

First time out on my usual path in what feels like a very long time and was able to start today with a summer kit. I knew I would be facing tough headwinds on the return and not being in great shape I was trying to decide how far out to go. I am glad I turned when I did because it was a tough fight the whole way back. It felt good to get out for a longer solo ride and I sure hope fitness begins to trend in the right direction.

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 67
Temperature Finish (F): 77
Wind: SSW 12+ mph
Sky: Cloudy with brief moments of light rain

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 20oz. Water, BCAA, Maltodextrin
GU gel at mile 25
GU gel at mile 40
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  IA16 

No comments: