Saturday, September 8, 2018

Brewery - The Usual

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Distance (mile): 75
Speed Avg. (GPS) (mph): 17
Cadence (rpm): 68
Time Moving: 4:24:40
Time Total: 4:24:57
Work (kj): 1,860
Normal Power: 143
Average Power: 117
Max Power: 529
VI: 1.22
TSS: 268
IF: 0.78

Goal:

Just Ride

Ride Description:

It was great to see the guys ready to roll out this morning. Gary, Neal, Glenn and Kit were in that group and I went on my usual out and back route hoping to just cruise for four plus hours. At my turn point I saw a group of seven on the BRAM ride going the other way. I caught up with them and jumped as we crossed the rolling hill of Cagle Road. They were nice enough to let me hang on their group until their turn point and then it was back to cruising solo to the end.

I forgot to check the ANT+ speed sensor before the ride and after the ride finally remembered to take a look. The battery cover and battery were gone so I need to find another option. I pulled an old Garmin speed and cadence sensor out of my parts bin. Maybe I can dust it off, install a new battery and then see if it will work.

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 73
Temperature Finish (F): 88 (felt a lot hotter)
Wind: Calm
Sky: Partly cloudy

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, BSN Amino X, Maltodextrin, Trace Mineral Drops
Bottle #2 8oz. Water, BSN Amino X, Maltodextrin, Trace Mineral Drops
Bottle #3 12oz. Water
GU gel at mile 24
GU gel at mile 50

Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  IA16 


No comments: