Saturday, May 4, 2019

Before the Storms

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Time Total: 1:53:50
Time Moving: 1:53:05
Distance (mile): 34.2
VI: 
1.09
IF: 0.73
TSS: 100
Work (kj): 800
Average Power: 117
Max Power: 
490
Normal Power: 128
Cadence (rpm): 68
Speed Avg (mph): 18

Goal:

Build Endurance

Ride Description:

Most of the week there was a forecast for storms to move in on Saturday. I jumped on the trainer Friday evening because I thought I would have to do the trainer on Saturday instead of a long ride. Saturday morning the sun was out with storms coming in later so I grabbed my gear and headed south because it had a longer span of time before the storms.

Rolling toward the 20 mile marker the skies were turning darker so I turned and headed back. At the lot a guy asked me about my ride. I told him that I wished I had completed at least 40 miles because it was still looking sunny where we were standing. The moment I pulled out of the parking area the skies opened up with a very heavy downpour. 

So happy to squeeze in this outdoor ride than to sit on the trainer again.

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 72
Temperature Finish (F): 72
Wind: Calm
Sky: Cloudy

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, BCAA / Amino mix
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  IA16 


No comments: