Sunday, June 7, 2020

Broken Cleat

Broken cleats on both my primary and backup shoes

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Time Total: 1:17:01
Time Moving: 1:14:48
Distance (mile): 21.3
IF: 0.64
TSS: 53
Work (kj): 437
Average Power: 95
Max Power: 
461
Normal Power: 109
Cadence (rpm): 71
Speed Avg (mph): 17

Goal:

Build Endurance

Ride Description:

Out and back and spin. A challenging ride at that. After last Sunday's walk I kept saying to myself to change the cleats, but as usual I forgot. Yesterday I had issues toward the end of the ride and forgot again when I got home. Today I got one pair updated with new cleats and will order several more including getting my backup shoes updated. 

Because of this I had to turn at the 10 mile marker and return. My shoe kept unclipping and not only whacked my ankle a few times, but made the bike unstable at higher speeds. 

I suppose there comes a time when it is good to go through all the gear and do maintenance or replacements. I've been a bit negligent lately. 

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 86
Temperature Finish (F): 86
Wind: Calm
Sky: Sunny

Gear:

 Felt  IA16 


No comments: