Saturday, March 27, 2021

Saturday Solo Cruise




Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Time Total: 3:28:22
Time Moving: 
3:25:22
Distance (mile): 61
VI: 1.15

IF: 0.59
TSS: 121
Work (kj): 
1,058
Average Power: 
85
Normal Power: 
97
Cadence (rpm): 71
Speed Avg (mph): 18

Goal:

Build Endurance

Ride Description:

Looking at the weather and news of a recent tornado that crossed through north of Cartersville, I decided to head south to the Comet and just do some saddle time. Interesting to see Mark made the same choice as I stopped to talk with him briefly. We just happen to be going opposite directions and with slightly different training plans. 

I thought it would be a good day to try out my new Giro Empire SLX shoes and first pair of lace ups. Maybe I'll do a short review later, but for now they felt as good as my old pair of Giro ProLight. I am pretty happy so far. I still liked the simplicity of the 3 velcro straps on my old pair, but these days it is either lace up or boa on the higher end shoes.

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 67
Temperature Finish (F):78
Wind: Calm
Sky: Heavy overcast with mist and finish with partly cloudy

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 15oz. Water, Aminos
GU gel at mile
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  IA16 






No comments: