Saturday, June 2, 2012

Brewery - 80

Ride with GPS
Ride Summary
Moving Time: 4:42:24 (4:56:48 total)
Distance: 80 miles
Avg Moving Speed 16.3 mph

Solo
Goal: Continue to get used to the aero position of the Felt B10

The Ride: Just another solo training ride from the brewery out to Cagle Road using the Felt B10. The temperature was amazingly cool 53 degrees rolling out at 7:30 this morning. My computer mount that I fabricated broke within a few miles so the majority of the ride I had no idea how fast I was going or power output. I knew by perception that my intensity level was low, but with the thought of this being an endurance training ride I was content with the majority of ride time in L2 / L3.

Most of the effort going up was fighting against headwinds. I thought by how the winds seemed to sustain as headwinds that the ride back would be fast with tailwinds helping, but it seemed like the wind was swirling on the way back. It felt like random headwinds on the return. Even though I was out there for almost 5 hours it did not feel that long and it feels like my fitness is coming back up slowly.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course:
24 oz from Bottle #1 water, BCAA's, Glutamine
24 oz from Bottle #2  water, BCAA's, Glutamine
15 oz from Bottle #3  water
1 Hammer Gel
1 Cliff Bar
Finish | 40 gram whey protein drink, Honey Stinger waffle
Home | chicken salad sandwich on toast

The Weather: Sunny skies at the start @ 53 degrees, on the return @ 70 degrees, wind from the NW 11mph.

Bike: Felt B10, Garmin 800, Powertap SL+

Overall Powertap Data:
 Entire workout (119 watts):
    Duration:      4:56:48
    Work:          2124 kJ
    TSS:           237 (intensity factor 0.693)
    Norm Power:    145
    VI:            1.22
    Distance:      80.771 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    455    119     watts
    Cadence:         7    231    80     rpm
    Speed:           0    35.3    16.3     mph
    Pace             1:42    0:00    3:40     min/mi

    Crank Torque:    0    1167    134     lb-in
    Temperature:     53.6    82.4    70.3     Fahrenheit 


Extras
Still working out the front of the bike situation. Even though my below bar torpedo bottle mount is not as aero as mounted above the bars I like where it is located. I thought I had a cheap alternative worked out for the Garmin Edge computer mount, but it broke after a couple of miles. When I got home I looked for some material and fabricated a different type. Nothing fancy, but costing me nothing since it was supplies laying around the garage along with the handy zip ties. Here are a few pictures of another cheap alternative for an aerobar computer mount. Click any image to enlarge if you need.

Flat black plastic with 6 holes drilled. Then the mount rubber bands are laced through to hold the mount.
Showing the backside with the Garmin mount rubber bands laces through.
Zip tied to the aerobars

No comments: