Sunday, April 9, 2017

Sunday Solo Cruise


Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Distance (mile): 40.4
Speed (mph): 
19.5
Cadence (rpm): 72
Time Moving: 
2:05:13
Time Total: 
2:07:46
Work (kj): 
1075
Normal Power: 
155
Average Power: 
143
Max Power: 
510
VI: 
1.09
TSS: 
141.5
IF: 
0.827

Goal:

Build Endurance

Ride Description:

Out and Back Spin. Nice to get out and spin a few miles. Even with a bit of fatigue from yesterday's ride things flowed well today. Had the foot traffic not been as heavy and some longer traffic stops, I think I might have set a new PR for the ride total. Fitness seems to be coming back, but I am still well under my best FTP and watts/kg of last year.

However, coming out of that illness with extensive aerobic training using longer duration intervals at a lower intensity seems to have been better for me and I feel better on the longer routes at holding that power. Some would be having a fit right now saying that training in "no man's land" is just pure junk miles. Hmm.....I am feeling pretty good with the 100 mile route and then hitting another frisky 40 TT type pace the next day. Well better than I was doing last year when I was fixated on trying to drive up my FTP using VO2Max short intervals, but was fading on the long routes.

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 77
Temperature Finish (F): 77
Wind: Breezy S 8 mph (crosswind)
Sky: Sunny

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, BSN Amino X, Maltodextrin, Trace Mineral Drops
GU gel at mile 20
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  B10 



No comments: