Sunday, April 25, 2010

Brewery 50 Mile

Garmin Connect Ride Data

The Group: Diane, Jamie, Bill, Rick, Derek, Edgar, Mike, Scott, Kit and me

The Ride: Since storms hit on Saturday this impromptu ride was formed and thankfully the group waited for me and started the ride at 1 pm. No formal route was planned and myself and some others were on a time frame to finish within 3 1/2 to 4 hours. It was fast and furious from virtually the start to the end. I am still not sure if my power meter is messed up, but the readings were low perhaps because of the lack of elevation and the faster roads or something similar. However, despite what the power meter was reading or not reading correctly I do know that at mile 46 in some small stinging rollers I was dropped from the group. At that point my legs had about enough for the day, but I did do a lot of pulling in the first half and that may have been my demise.

Anyway it was a very good solid ride that was squeezed in on this very windy Sunday afternoon. I just hope that me fading today in a short ride is not what will happen next weekend in 3 State 3 Mountain challenge for the century. I will need to pace myself better for that ride and not go quite as hard if I plan to make it to the end. I guess I am still not in the shape I had hoped for this time of the year.

No comments: