Sunday, April 11, 2010

Comet - Out and Back

Garmin Connect Ride Data

The Ride: Today I hope that I could go out and do a SST type of ride holding in the L3 zone, but I knew before going or at least wondered how much impact those big rollers had on my legs yesterday. Wow!! The training on the big rollers was obviously pretty good and my legs never did completely open up. Not to mention that an awesome mid 70's sunny day brought out a lot of folks on the Comet trail.

I picked the Comet because it is about the flattest place I know and my desire was to be in a place that required constant pedalling. Yesterday's brutal up and down terrain allowed for some intense short and mid duration climbs, but along with the climbs comes a good bit of coasting. So today it was about finding a place to have a constant or consistent pedal stroke without an opportunity for rest. Also this was a solo ride so there was no drafting as well.

A lot of the times after a hard Saturday ride my legs will often feel tight in the first few miles, but will open up. Today I felt great in the first few miles and the pedal stroke felt effortless, but as the miles racked up my legs and hips just got tighter. Great thing is my heart rate was never taxed at all. There was never a moment I felt myself with labored breathing and all the fatigue and tightness seemed to not impact my heart rate this time around. Normally if my legs are fatigued my heart rate also runs higher.

When I uploaded my data to WKO is was not that impressive just as I had imagined, but I will take every ounce of spinning time I can get until these legs get the point that they are going to cooperate one way or another. The data below looks more like an active recovery ride. bummer.

Power Data:
 Entire workout (103 watts):
    Duration:      2:22:09 (2:29:27)
    Work:          864 kJ
    TSS:           73.9 (intensity factor 0.562)
    Norm Power:    118 
    Distance:      40.86 mi
        Min /   Max  /  Avg
    Power:           0  /  634   / 103     watts
    Cadence:         30  /  222 /   69     rpm
    Speed:           0  /  26.8  /  17.5     mph
    Pace             2:14  /  0:00  /  3:26     min/mi
    Hub Torque:      0  /  298  /  40     lb-in
    Crank Torque:    0   / 1224  /  129     lb-in

No comments: