Saturday, August 6, 2011

Brewery to Cagle Road - Lighting Fast

RidewithGPS Data
Garmin Connect Data
Solo:
Goal: L3 +/-

The Ride: Lighting Fast? Nope is was not me that is lighting fast. It was actual lighting that came the closest to me in all my years of earthly existence - 3 times!! The worst was when me and 3 other cyclists took shelter at a fire station on Cash Road. I was standing just inside the big roll up doors when just behind my back a large flash of light a deep boom in just a millisecond that just about made my heart stop. Someone said, "That was really close to your back!" Oh well....good times. Odd thing was there were no other rumbles of thunder in the background or other flashes across the sky. Just the 3 that came really close to me. I thought maybe it was my time. :-) The rain was refreshing at least.

Since I was riding solo today there is not much to say other than it is a difficult decision to not ride with my cycling buddies, but it was something I felt all week that I had to do. The route suited my goals since it was relatively flat, which causes one to apply consistent torque to the pedals to keep going forward. The other thing about solo today was no drafting and really the only stop was seeking shelter at the fire station. I did stop at the gas station to get another bottle of water, but that was about it. I ate while on the bike and tried to keep moving forward.

Certainly today was tough in another aspect from having the week before off for a little traveling and working overtime before the mini vacation. It left me with a huge drop in my CTL and though I was trying to get back in the groove this week with training my legs just did not feel like participating today. Another reason that I probably would have not done well in a spirited group ride today.

Oh well it was good to get back on the bike and start getting back in the groove.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: ~26 oz. of water with Hammer Perpetuem, ~52 oz water (1) Hammer gel (1) Cliff Bars (6) Endurolytes (1) 40 gram Whey protein post ride recovery drink .

The Weather: Sunny, Start @ 71 degrees, End @ 89 degrees (rain and lighting for a few miles)
Bike: LOOK 585, Garmin 705, Powertap SL+

Overall Power Data:
Entire workout (106 watts):
    Duration:      5:17:52 (5:37:52)
    Work:          2025 kJ
    TSS:           227.8 (intensity factor 0.657)
    Norm Power:    135
    VI:            1.27
    Distance:      77.045 mi
    Elevation Gain:        2314 ft
    Elevation Loss:       2294 ft
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    619    106     watts
    Cadence:         30    231    79     rpm
    Speed:           0    30.9    14.5     mph
    Pace             1:57    0:00    4:08     min/mi
    Altitude:        622    920    759     ft
    Crank Torque:    0    679    119     lb-in

No comments: