Saturday, October 1, 2016

Brewery Solo 80


Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Distance (mile): 80.2
Speed (mph): 16.6 
Cadence (rpm): 67
Time Moving: 4:51:37
Time Total: 5:00:47
Work (kj): 2059
Normal Power: 139
Average Power: 119
Max Power: 454
VI: 1.17
TSS: 230
IF: 0.69

Goal:

Just ride

Ride Description:

After a week of short rides and enjoying the beach today was another day of trying to get back into the groove. Between having a hard time staying focused on keeping a decent pace and my legs just not wanting to cooperate my speed going out was too slow to get the miles I wanted. I needed to get home to catch up on a few projects.

Not to make it sound like any kind of big deal, but this was the first time I have been run off the road and the nearest miss by a car in the miles that I have cycled. It was a pretty old guy and I just think he lacked either the mental judgment and/or the visual judgment. He was giving me a friendly wave as he almost hit me pulling out on the road while I was over at the white edge line of the lane he was pulling into. The right front corner of his bumper about hit my knee, but I went into the grass to avoid the contact.

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 50
Temperature Finish (F): 73
Wind: Calm start, SW 5 mph in the last miles
Sky: Mostly Sunny

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, BSN Amino X, Maltodextrin, Trace Mineral Drops
Bottle #2 6oz. Water, BSN Amino X, Maltodextrin, Trace Mineral Drops
Bottle #3 0oz. Water
GU gel at mile 22
Clif Bar at mile 40

Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  B10 



No comments: