Saturday, March 24, 2012

Brewery to 411

Garmin Connect Ride Data
Ride with GPS Data
Ride Summary
Moving Time: 5:00:00 (5:04:34 total)
Distance: 83 miles
Avg Moving Speed 16.7 mph

Solo
Goal: Extend my saddle time and miles.

The Ride: Not much to report since this was a typical solo training ride.As noted by the moving time compared to the total time I did not stop much. A few brief stops to the bushes, but I tried to eat while on the bike and keep moving at a moderate pace.

It was later in the ride that I began to struggle, but not with fitness. Instead the struggle was with my shorts and some irritation. Kind of annoying because I was thinking about stretching the ride on out for a 100 mile total, but the irritation was getting so bad that I was ready to finish. I purchased a couple of thin shorts liners that seemed to work great, but like an idiot I thought I could get by today without wearing a pair. Man was I mistaken. Lesson learned.

One cool thing was a large truck passed by me rather close and at a high rate of speed on a remote rural road. We get buzzed often enough that I don't get that disturbed about it. This particular time was not as bad as others and actually I got buzzed worse later in the ride. But in this case as the guy comes around me and unknown to him was a Georgia State Police car. It was one of those Dodge Chargers that was blacked out totally and very stealthy. The G.S.P. had just passed me and was a few hundred feet in front when the guy in the truck came around me. The blue lights came on instantly. SWEET!! I don't know if he was just pulled over purely for speeding or for buzzing me, but I would like to think it was for both. Cool to see though.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course:
Miles 0-60 | 26 oz Bottle #1 of water with maltodextrin, egg protein, BCAA's, Gluatamine, 1/2 refill
Miles 60-80 | 20 oz Bottle #2 of water with BCAA's, Gluatamine
Mile 22 | Hammer Gel
Mile 35| Cliff Bar
Mile 40| Larabar
Finish | 20 gram whey protein drink
Home | Pasta and baked chicken breast

The Weather: Partly cloudy skies at the start @ 57 degrees, on the return partly cloudy skies@ 78 degrees, slight winds from the south. I was starting to feel the breeze impact effort toward the end. Very nice day overall.

Bike: LOOK 585 , Garmin 800, Powertap SL+

Overall Power Data:
Entire workout (140 watts):
    Duration:      5:00:01 (5:04:34)
    Work:          2522 kJ
    TSS:           312.9 (intensity factor 0.792)
    Norm Power:    162
    VI:            1.16
    Distance:      83.325 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    650    140     watts
    Cadence:         7    206    72     rpm
    Speed:           0    35.5    16.7     mph
    Pace             1:41    0:00    3:36     min/mi
    Crank Torque:    0    1475    170     lb-in
    Temperature:     50    77    62.8     Fahrenheit

No comments: