Friday, March 9, 2012

Oh Watt a Night

The coolest thing in the evolution of training is coming to that point of crossing that line where at one time you have simple faith in the guidance of others and then reaching that point of experiencing the results of that consistent application. In my case a number of sacrifices were made in order to make this application of consistency. It was and is an evolution of training and the more I stick with it the more I get of those, "oh I understand now" type of moments. So it is not like I have arrived, but I am continually arriving at new revelations. I suppose in the world of training those moments really never stop. I think it keeps things interesting.

I am very far from reaching race level performance, but when I compare where I was as a recreational cyclists three years ago to now I am starting to feel pretty good about the gains. Like I am having more nights like last night training on the rollers and pushing toward a constant block of submaximal threshold effort. Not only did I find that in my competitive lifting days that consistency played perhaps the largest role in training and winning success, consistency no doubt plays a large role in most training for various activities.

Most of all I am getting into that happy place of understanding as a result of consistent application and I am happy because the results seem to be good.

At the link is a view of last night training indoors http://connect.garmin.com/activity/156139981

Here is a picture of my typical schedule that has been going on for a number of months.

No comments: