Saturday, March 3, 2012

Brewery to Cagle Road - Tough Day

Garmin Connect Data
Ride with GPS Data
Garmin Summary
Moving Time: 4:57:00 (4:57:32 total)
Distance: 72 miles
Avg Moving Speed 15.8 mph

Solo 
Goal: 250+ TSS at a steady pace, extend my saddle time and miles.

The Ride: Very tough ride today with hard winds coming down from the north to northwest. The storms that passed through last night did major damage from the gulf states up into northern states like Indiana. There were multitudes of tornadoes and remnant this morning were some stiff cool winds. I rolled out of the brewery solo about 9 a.m. pushing due north against the wind. This was a really tough day for me and I struggled to hold my power output level. Between the wind and my tired legs I just could not hold up in the battle. To give this some context it took me an hour to go 14 miles at the start of the ride this morning. That was a brutal battle of pushing.

Really nice speeds on the return with those stiff winds pushing me back. Toward the last 10 miles I met up with a guy named Bill visiting our area and riding a really nice lugged carbon BMC. Said he has been racing for about ten years and he looked to be in great shape. We split our route at one point, but he caught up with me again to finish the last couple of miles.

All I know is my data does not look very good, but I feel like I have just finished a century. That was a comment from Bill as well. It was tough training today. Normally I love being out on the bike and hate to finish, but I was really looking forward to seeing the parking lot.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: ~40 oz. of water with Hammer Perpetuem, BCAA's, Gluatamine (1) Cliff Bar (1) 40 gram whey protein post ride recovery drink (1) chicken salad sandwich and water.

The Weather: Dark cloudy skies at the start @ 42 degrees, Dark cloudy skies@ 60 degrees, 15+ mph winds from the W to NW.

Bike: Cannondale six13 , Garmin 800, Powertap SL+

Overall Power Data:
Entire workout (126 watts):
    Duration:      4:51:59 (4:57:38)
    Work:          2188 kJ
    TSS:           254.6 (intensity factor 0.727)
    Norm Power:    149
    VI:            1.18
    Distance:      72.242 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    481    126     watts
    Cadence:         10    231    76     rpm
    Speed:           0    35.7    14.9     mph
    Pace             1:41    0:00    4:01     min/mi
    Crank Torque:    0    1158    149     lb-in
    Temperature:     42.8    66.2    52.9     Fahrenheit

No comments: