Saturday, September 23, 2017

A Day of Issues




Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route Part 1 and Part 2

Ride Description:

No reason to post ride metrics since I had a tough time getting in the groove today. I felt fine, but other issues and obstacles kept popping up from the time I left the house. 

The first was a stand still on I-75 that put me behind schedule. 




The second was being surrounded by three dogs that came up on me while I was in the middle of a nature break and I had to negotiate my way out of that in a delicate fashion. One of the mutts wanted to have a go at me and made several lunges. I got out of it unharmed, but it took some time to get back on my bike and slowly move away from them. That's never happened before. It looked like the three were roaming together as I was not close to a house.

The third was my rear derailleur cable came loose and it turns out my mini tool did not have that size allen wrench. I felt it best to turn back and I am glad I did. It was kind of frustrating only being able to shift using the front derailleur and have a mid range gear for flattish roads and drop to the 36 ring for steeper hills. It was good enough to get back, but not much else. 


Edit: It wasn't a loose cable. It was the spring in the SRAM Red rear derailleur that broke. I was not able to see that without my glasses until I got home.




I was just happy to get back to Sosebee Bike Park with 60 some miles and where I got to see Diane and Jamie and chat with them for a few minutes. Great to see them and maybe I will see some more of my cycling friends if I use the bike park more often.

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 66
Temperature Finish (F): 80
Wind: Calm
Sky: Partly Cloudy

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, BSN Amino X, Maltodextrin, Trace Mineral Drops
GU gel at mile 24

Gear:

 Felt  B10 


No comments: