Wednesday, September 6, 2017

PerfPro Remote


PerfPRO Remote on iTunes for purchase


iPhone Remote Workout Screen


iPhone Remote Display and Power Meter Control

Quick Thoughts:

This remote application will come in handy for convenience sake. I have managed training with the combination of the PerfPRO application on a Windows laptop, Kickr Gen 1 and Quarq ELSA power meter for a while now, but this remote will be a nice addition since my laptop sits about five feet from my bike and safely away from the sweat zone. 

The remotes features I will use the most are:


  • Starting the session
  • Adjusting the intensity (up or down if needed and based on fatigue levels)
  • Stopping and saving the session
You can see there are a number of other remote features available, such as, scrolling through the display settings or controlling the session through the power meter or changing the mode of the trainer during the workout. 

Wish list:

Just a hint and I do hope a future update will include an icon for skipping or moving to the next step where one can move forward in the programmed workout to a rest break, or skip a rest break or skip on over the cool down if one is time crunched. 

Connection:

Some will probably have no issues at all when getting the remote synced up with the application. I had to work through a few issues because of my Windows Firewall had blocked PerfPro and my iPhone had a different IP address compared to what was showing in the Windows PP application and the PP remote application. It took a bit more time for me to figure it all out and I had to use the 5ghz WiFi selection as I could not get the 2.4ghz to work even when I put in a static IP address in the phone. 

If you are a PerfPRO user and are considering this remote application and need assistance here is a LINK that may be helpful or maybe seek some help on the Facebook page

PerfPRO Video Demonstration (video by PerfPRO):


No comments: