Saturday, September 16, 2017

Sosebee Solo

A lot of roads to myself

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Distance (mile): 100
Speed (mph): 17
Cadence (rpm): 69
Time Moving: 5:53:34
Time Total: 6:03:23
Work (kj): 2566
Normal Power: 142
Average Power: 121
Max Power: 389
VI: 1.18
TSS: 334.8
IF: 
0.75

Goal:

Build Endurance and enjoy cycling

Ride Description:

This was the morning of the BBC (Beautiful Backroads Century) and not being a participant I had consider another start point. I ended up going to Sosebee Bike Park just a few miles more up the road. On the way up I saw plenty of cyclist traveling up the interstate in the dark early morning hours and on Busch Drive a long line of headlights waiting to get in the parking area. 

Sosebee was also starting to get a number of cyclists. Some were heading over the BBC start point and some were like me with just hoping to avoid all of it. As I rolled out at 7:30 and just a few minutes down the road it was quiet and barren of cyclist and cars. My route overlaps the BBC route in just a few places so it wasn't until I was almost back before I saw any groups and those were probably the last to come in. By the time I was back to Sosebee most of the cars were gone already. I suppose this is a testament as to how slow I was going on the 100 mile route today. That's okay because the weather was great, traffic was fairly low and I enjoyed spinning a few miles. 

Just a side note: I wasn't planning on doing 100 miles today. I just thought it was too good a day not to do a few extra miles. Plus, I missed an indoor training session this week due to work deadlines so why not grab a few more miles?

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 65
Temperature Finish (F): 82
Wind: Calm
Sky: Partly Cloudy

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, BSN Amino X, Maltodextrin, Trace Mineral Drops
Bottle #2 20oz. Water, BSN Amino X, Maltodextrin, Trace Mineral Drops
Bottle #3 15oz. Water
GU gel at mile 25
GU gel at mile 65
GU gel at mile 85


Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  B10 



No comments: