Saturday, September 9, 2017

Breezy Solo


Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Distance (mile): 80
Speed (mph): 17
Cadence (rpm): 
68
Time Moving: 
4:43:28 
Time Total: 
4:52:40
Work (kj): 
2139
Normal Power: 147
Average Power: 
126
Max Power: 
398
VI: 
1.17
TSS: 
284.4
IF: 
0.78

Goal:

Build Endurance

Ride Description:

Out and Back Spin. I got a later start and enjoyed meeting and talking to Mark for the first time before rolling out. He saw me come in the day of my injury and asked how I was recovering. He also had a serious crash a week after mine and had to be taken to the hospital and had to go through about $28K of medical tests to find out what happened. Obviously neither of us were afraid to get back out on the road for more miles. He headed his way and I went mine.

I could feel a bit of the fatigue from the weekday indoor training so this ride was mainly about getting in some endurance miles. Based on the weather report I thought I was going to get a nice push on the way back, but it felt more like I was pushing against the wind. Hurricane Irma is headed our way, but it is still about two days south so I don't think it was influencing today's ride. 

Nothing really to report, but it was an amazing day to be out on the bike. The sky was clear and sunny. The temperature was perfect with low humidity and the traffic was light. I saw a number of cyclist further north and found out that BRAM (Bike Ride Around Murray) was going on and I was generally going in the opposite direction of the cyclists. 

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 56
Temperature Finish (F): 76
Wind: 11+ mph ENE (although I think it was shifting from the south at times)
Sky: Clear

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, BSN Amino X, Maltodextrin
Bottle #2 20oz. Water, BSN Amino X, Maltodextrin
Bottle #3 0oz. Water (emptied late in the ride to reduce weight)
GU gel at mile 23
Clif Bar at mile 45
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  B10 


No comments: