Friday, June 8, 2018

FTP - Definition

Rarely do I link an article, but I found this explanation from Alex Simmons too good not to bookmark at least for myself and share with those who might be interested. My interest in posting a link to his blog post is not part of the ongoing debate from different camps of thought. It is more of a personal interest because I base my training around the concepts that use FTP. That was the path I picked many years ago when I began to read forum posts on the subject and Alex was one of the members on that forum back in the early 2000's giving advice. I have always found his advice and his writing style or the way he conveys his thoughts on training to be easier to understand. 

Perhaps you just bought your first power meter or you just started cycling and wonder how to make improvements. There are many approaches these days and many applications that talk about FTP or suggest establishing FTP within the application, such as, Strava, Zwift or TrainerRoad. Perhaps a cycling friend mentioned FTP after a ride and you wondered, "what the heck is FTP?" If so you might find this article helpful. 

You can read more of who Alex is here

Functional Threshold Power - A Definition by Alex Simmons

Blog Post Link


No comments: