Saturday, June 30, 2018

Saturday Small Group

Gary (L), Mike (R) on his super sweet new Trek Madone


Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

mainly because of the dead batteries and being stuck in an easy gear all the metrics are lower today
Distance (mile): 41.5
Speed (mph): 13.5
Cadence (rpm): 60
Time Moving: 
2:59:06
Time Total: 3:17:58
Work (kj): 1,017
Normal Power: 140
Average Power: 89
Max Power: 573
VI: 1.57
TSS: 185
IF: 
0.76

Goal:

Just ride with friends

Ride Description:

Can three guys be classified as a small group? Anyway it was great to ride with Mike and Gary and we were missing Neal today, but at least Neal got to miss out my technology drama as both etap batteries died about 20 something miles into the ride. Sure it was the owner's fault for not topping off or at least checking the batteries on a neglected road bike. I spend most of my time on the Felt IA16 and lose track of when I last charged the batteries. Also, do they lose a little bit of charge just sitting there for weeks and months? 

I was really looking forward to riding with the guys again and I sure hate that my negligence messed up their route today. Being stuck on the 52 ring / 32 cog was an awkward gear and was easy to spin out on most roads. Before the batteries died I was really enjoying the route and climbs even though I was feeling my lack of fitness and heavier weight. Ugh!

Hope to ride with the guys some more and next time come prepared. Also ordered two more batteries to carry at least in my gear bag as backups and start carrying an extra on the bike or in the jersey pocket during the ride just in case. I got the low battery warning before we rolled out so had I had backups the ride today would have been different.

Also a bonus to see and chat with Nancy, Tim, Alan, Stacy, Margaret, Joe, Laurie and a bunch of others at Sosebee Bike Park. 


Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 77
Temperature Finish (F): HOT!
Wind: Calm
Sky: Partly cloudy

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, BSN Amino X, Maltodextrin, Trace Mineral Drops
GU gel at mile 20
1/2 Clif Bar at mile 30
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 LOOK  585 

No comments: