Saturday, June 23, 2018

Saturday Solo Easy Spin

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Distance (mile): 50.5
Speed Avg (mph): 17
Cadence (rpm): 70
Time Moving: 2:58:16
Time Total: 2:58:40
Work (kj): 1,201
Normal Power: 137
Average Power: 112
Max Power: 437
VI: 1.22
TSS: 167
IF: 
0.74

Goal:

Build Endurance

Ride Description:

Out and back casual spin from Sosebee Bike Park. The park and parking was already fairly full at 7:30 and many had already rolled out. I headed out solo at a casual pace with hope not to get wet. The rain and storms held off, however, I was drenched because of the high humidity. 

It was great to see Mike, Gary and Neal roll in at the end of their ride and hopefully I will get to join them again very soon. 

I was thinking that this time last year I was in a lot of discomfort following a bad crash (blog post: Dogged) that would take weeks for the road rash to heal and the torn PCL months of light training/PT. 

Finally past a tough work deadline so I hope to get back into my normal training mode. Like starting over again. Strength training is going well, but for me it usually does since my genetics favor the gym more than it does the bike.

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 71
Temperature Finish (F): 82
Wind: calm
Sky: cloudy

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, Aminos, Maltodextrin
GU gel at mile 20
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  IA16


No comments: