Saturday, July 14, 2018

Saturday Group Ride

Tim (on the right) waiting to get rolling


Gary wondering if I am going to survive this pace or not. I did not survive it.  :-)


(L to R) Debbie, Neal, Mike and Gary


Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Distance (mile): 62
Speed Avg. (mph): 16
Cadence (rpm): 64
Time Moving: 3:54:38
Time Total: 4:04:58
Work (kj): 1,463
Normal Power: 137
Average Power: 101
Max Power: 624
VI: 1.36
TSS: 236
IF: 
0.76

Goal:

Just ride

Ride Description:

I was invited to join the small group riding from the Budweiser Plant that turned out to be a much bigger group of 20 or more at Sosebee Bike Park. It was great to see and briefly chat with several of the friends I have not seen in a while, but after we rolled it the paced picked up. I held on until Trimble Hollow Road and about 30 miles and I simply did not have the fitness to keep that pace until the end so I dropped out to ride something a bit more on my current level of terrible and discouraging fitness level. 

(too many names to give a shout out here, but I will just say I appreciate each of you)

Instead of stopping at the store I continued on and was in front of the group until I was caught just after the Interstate hill, which is a section of road that is parallel to I-75. I continued on my pace with Gary joining me for a few miles until we saw Debbie sitting in the road changing a tube so we stopped to help or just be with her. After this Mike joined me to head back to the brewery and most everyone else continued on to Sosebee Bike Park. 

Weather:

Temperature Start (F):77
Temperature Finish (F): 83 (high humidity)
Wind: Calm
Sky: Cloudy

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:


Bottle #1 24oz. Water, BSN Amino X, Maltodextrin, Trace Mineral Drops
GU gel at mile 27

Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 LOOK  585 

No comments: