Sunday, July 22, 2018

Sunday Solo Cruise

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Distance (mile): 40
Speed (mph): 18.7
Cadence (rpm): 70
Time Moving: 2:13:04
Time Total: 2:13:54
Work (kj): 
1,032 
Normal Power: 142
Average Power: 128
Max Power: 551
VI: 1.11
TSS: 141
IF: 
0.79

Goal:

Build Endurance

Ride Description:

I need to log this before I forget. The first ten miles or so I had this weird feeling as if I just had a massive release of adrenaline and the shakiness and slight fatigue following. However, I was able to hold pace fairly well and could have had a decent pace going out had there been less congestion. It was almost a sick sort of feeling. The best I could manage at the turning point was a 17.8 avg. mph and that was not that great for me. There was also a slight headwind on the way out.

On the way back I was feeling like things were calming down with me and also on the path so I picked up the pace where I was able. The more miles I had on my legs the better they felt. Just an odd day and yet a blessed day. 

Also it is interesting watching the local news and young girl with brain damage after a fall from a skateboard. She was a good athlete and playing on college softball team. Her parents were saying that her wishes were to tell people to wear a helmet on any of these type of activities. Yet today on the path I saw more than a dozen experienced looking cyclist moving a rapid pace and no helmets. That is their choice, but after having several crashes and fairly extensive wounds and in one case splitting a helmet I will continue to believe it is always good to be safe and wear a decent helmet. 

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 87
Temperature Finish (F): 87
Wind: WNW 11
Sky: Partly Cloudy

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:



Bottle #1 24oz. Water, Amino Mix, Maltodextrin, Trace Mineral Drops
GU gel at mile 20

Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  IA16 


No comments: